[Mi-local-history] Greetings from the Jackson District Library

Arndts, Nathaniel arndtsn at myjdl.com
Mon Feb 26 13:42:43 EST 2024

Hello everyone,

I am the first full-time Local History Librarian and Archivist for the Jackson District Library. I started on November 30, 2023.

JDL created my position to expand public access to its growing local history collection. JDL's local history collection includes a wide variety of materials chronicling the history of Jackson County.

This year, I plan to reduce JDL's processing backlog, have more of our material available online, and forge long-term relationships with the county's museums, colleges, and historical societies.

I am happy to participate in this listserv and look forward to talking to everyone here. I will do my best to answer any questions you have about my work, JDL, or Jackson County.

Nathaniel Arndts, MLIS., MAPH
Local History Librarian
Jackson District Library
290 W. Michigan Ave.