[Mi-local-history] Advice on converting large MP4 files

Rachel Smith (Roseville Public Library) rsmith at roseville-mi.gov
Tue Jul 30 16:26:50 EDT 2024

Mitchell,

I've not used Handbrake for file conversion, just for adding Open Captions files, but I have used the Audio version of MediaHuman to covert audio files.
Here is the Video version, which might be of use to you: https://www.mediahuman.com/video-converter/5/ It's free to download and use.

I just tested it on some digitized videos I had in my files, converting from MP4 to WMV to test it out. A couple of the files were over 400MB, one of them was 677MB. It did 9 videos in about 10 minutes.

Best,
Rachel

__________________________

Rachel Smith

Adult Services Librarian/Archivist

Roseville Public Library

My Pronouns: She/Her/Hers - See www.mypronouns.org<http://www.mypronouns.org/> to learn more.

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obligated to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

Archives Office Hours by Appointment Only (Please call/email in advance)​

http://rosevillelibrary.org/wordpress/library-archives/

29777 Gratiot Avenue

Roseville, MI  48066

586-447-4560 (Archives)

586-445-5407 (Library General Information)