[Michlib-l] 2013 Michigan Reads! program is coming soon!

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Wed Aug 7 10:42:03 EDT 2013

Please excuse the 2012 note in the subject heading. This is for the 2013 program.

I am pleased to announce that the 2013 Michigan Reads! program kits are coming to libraries soon! Kits will be mailed to all public library and tribal library locations by next week via the post office. Please find Nancy Robertson's letter to the program participants attached. Keep an eye out for the kit with the Target logo for your children and youth librarians!

As we announced earlier, the book for this year is Leslie Helakoski's Woolbur, which features a creative young sheep named Woolbur. When Woolbur is asked to do things, he finds original ways to accomplish everyday tasks and shares his ideas with others. The story, the language, the joyfulness of Woolbur's actions, and the wonderful illustrations all come together to make Woolbur a go to book for both children and older readers as they learn how to go about their own day.

The launch event will be on Monday, September 9th at the East Lansing Public Library with guest reader Julie Calley and Leslie Helakoski in celebration of International Literacy Day. The author tour will go throughout September and October and is listed at www.michigan.gov/michiganreads<http://www.michigan.gov/michiganreads>. To promote your local events, you can also find web ready graphics and a sample press release in the Promotions Toolkit at the same site.

Thank you for your support and participation in this program! If you have any questions, please contact me.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021