[Michlib-l] Position Opening: Director of Development, Historical Society of Michigan

Larry J. Wagenaar wagenaar at hsmichigan.org
Thu Aug 22 14:28:09 EDT 2013

I am also sending to my personal contacts, in case you know of someone who
may be interested.  Sorry if it is a duplicate.  Larry

pagebanner.JPG

Position Opening: Director of Development, Historical Society of Michigan

The Historical Society of Michigan seeks a qualified individual to serve as
Director of Development.

The Director of Development is the chief development officer and is
primarily responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating fundraising
activities for the Historical Society of Michigan. This position reports to
the Executive Director of Historical Society of Michigan and provides
leadership for the creation of strategic fund development initiatives to
include, primarily: a major and planned giving program, annual giving, donor
stewardship and recognition programs, and public relations related to
development.

Required qualifications are a Bachelor's degree; thorough knowledge and
understanding of all areas of fundraising, including annual giving, major,
and planned giving; a record of progressively responsible fundraising
experience and leadership; outstanding interpersonal, communication, and
managerial skills; demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team
member; highly motivated to set and achieve measurable goals; and experience
with MS Office Suite. Experience working with volunteers desired. A full
position description is available at
www.hsmichigan.org/about/job-opportunities.

Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to
resume at hsmichigan.org. Resumes will be considered until the position is
filled. We encourage applications from under-represented groups, including
minorities, women, and people with disabilities.

The Historical Society of Michigan is a nongovernmental nonprofit that is
the state's oldest cultural organization, founded in 1828 by territorial
governor Lewis Cass and explorer Henry Rowe Schoolcraft. For more
information, visit www.hsmichigan.org <http://www.hsmichigan.org/> .

Historical Society of Michigan
5815 Executive Drive
Lansing, MI 48911
Phone: (517) 324-1828 <tel:%28517%29%20324-1828>
Fax: (517) 324-4370 <tel:%28517%29%20324-4370>
hsm at hsmichigan.org
www.hsmichigan.org

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line or body of the e-mail. For more information about the
Historical Society of Michigan, visit  <http://www.hsmichigan.org>
www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail  <mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org>
hsm at hsmichigan.org.