[Michlib-l] Jazz program “A Great Day in Harlem” with jazz expert Stu Johnson on January 14 at the Warren Civic Center Library

fabak at libcoop.net fabak at libcoop.net
Mon Dec 9 18:33:05 EST 2013

Hello,

One summer day in 1958 a photographer took a picture of dozens of
America’s jazz legends all gathered in one place.  This famous
photograph became known as “A Great Day in Harlem.”  Stu Johnson, jazz
expert and a member of the Michigan Jazz Record Collectors, will be with
us on Tuesday, January 14 at 6:00 to discuss this famous Esquire
magazine photograph.  He will tell us the back story and play some of
the great music of these artists.

I am attaching our flyer for this event in case you would like to print
some for your patrons.  All are welcome!

Thank you.

Kathy Faba
Branch Librarian
Warren Public Library - Civic Center Branch