[Michlib-l] Michigan Breakfast at FGS update

Thomas Koselka tom at mimgc.org
Mon Jul 15 15:56:04 EDT 2013

Dear Librarians,
The Michigan Breakfast at the Federation of Genealogical Societies
Conference (FGS) is in 40 days and is almost half sold out!  Meet and
reunite with other researchers seeking Midwestern roots at the final morning
of FGS!
The Michigan Genealogical Council is proud to be a part of this year's FGS
Conference in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  We are sponsoring a breakfast on the
final morning, August 24, of the conference on the main floor of the Allen
County Public Library.  This buffet breakfast begins at 6:45 a.m. and will
finish in time for attendees to arrive in time for their first session
Saturday morning in the Grand Wayne Convention Center across the street.
The cost of the breakfast is $15 with all profits going to the War of 1812
Preserve the Pensions Project.  There will be two brief presentations, the
first about the status of researching in the Great Lakes State and the
status of the Preserve the Pensions Project.  Advance registration is
required for this event.  Tickets are available through Eventbrite and the
direct link is http://michiganbreakfast.eventbrite.com.
We ask that you share this email with your colleagues who may have an
interest in researching in the Great Lakes State, who may be attending the
FGS Conference.  We have been encouraging Michigan genealogical and
historical societies to be a part of the Preserve the Pensions Project.
This is a joint project between the FGS, the National Archives, Fold3, and
Ancestry.com.  Each dollar donated is matched by Ancestry, doubling your
donation. These images will be available for free, forever on Fold3.com.
Register today! http://michiganbreakfast.eventbrite.com.
We look forward to having breakfast with you next month!
Tom Koselka, President
Michigan Genealogical Council
http://mimgc.org