[Michlib-l] RDA Cataloging Classes Available Through MCLS

Heather Thomas thomash at mcls.org
Wed Jul 17 14:07:19 EDT 2013

Excuse duplicate posts. Please forward to anyone that you feel could
benefit from this training!

MCLS is offering many online RDA cataloging workshops in their July –
December 2013 calendar!

For those interested in just a brief introduction of RDA, we have:
What Does RDA Mean to You?: July 25, September 10 or November 15
AACR2…Meet RDA” scheduled for July 26, September 12 or November 22

For a hands-on introduction of how to use the RDA toolkit, we have:
Copy Cataloging of Monographs Using RDA:  August 7-9 or October 1-3
Original Cataloging of Monographs Using RDA:  August 28-30 or Sept. 18-20

After taking one of our introduction classes above, further your knowledge
of RDA with the following workshops*:
Original Cataloging of Videos & DVDs Using RDA: September 25-27
Copy Cataloging of Videos & DVDs Using RDA: October 23-25
Original Cataloging of Sound Recordings Using RDA: October 30-November 1
Copy Cataloging of Sound Recordings Using RDA: December 18-20
Original Cataloging of Digital Resources Using RDA: November 6-8
Copy Cataloging of Digital Resources Using RDA: December 4-6

All workshops listed above are available ONLINE making it convenient for
all library staff, regardless of location, to receive RDA cataloging
training. MCLS has individual and group viewing pricing for these
workshops.

For more information on these or any of our other workshops, go to:
https://members.mcls.org/workshops/ and click on the workshop(s) of your
choice. For more information on MCLS training, contact Heather at
thomash at mcls.org.

*Taking the Copy or Original Cataloging of Monographs Using RDA class
and/or having a working knowledge of MARC and the RDA toolkit are
pre-requisites for these workshops.

********************
Heather M. Thomas, CAP-OM
Executive Assistant/Meeting Planner
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services
1407 Rensen Street, Suite 1
Lansing, Michigan 48910-3657

800/530-9019 ext. 133
517/394-2420 ext. 133