[Michlib-l] Open Meetings Act response summary

Dave Ewick dewick at southfieldlibrary.org
Mon Nov 4 14:09:26 EST 2013

Original Question:  Does anyone have a 1-2 page summary of the Open Meetings Act?  I'd like to have a single sheet to hand out to my board members for their Trustee binders; something that is quick and easy to use as a reminder.

Board members sometimes use email between board meetings to keep up to date on issues - this is touched upon in the OMA, but I am still uncomfortable with how far behind the times the OMA lags.  I'd like to be able to put that reminder right at our fingertips.

Here is a summary of the responses I received, including links and attachments.

http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668_18689---,00.html
http://www.mml.org/pdf/glv/appendix2.pdf
Pages 21-23 of this pdf: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/publications/openmtgsfreedom.pdf
Best,