[Michlib-l] Digital Public Library of America is looking for volunteers

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Nov 6 10:12:00 EST 2013

I'm passing along the following information about the need for Digital Public Library Community Representatives.  Library staff and community members are encouraged to apply to be a community representative. DPLA Community Reps will be selected based on their creative ideas, experience, and geographic distribution. The DPLA will be accepting the first class of Reps in early December 2013 and additional classes in the future.
DPLA Community Reps
The DPLA wants you! We are looking for volunteers to help us spread the word in local communities. If you are enthusiastic about open access, digital collections, and the potential of a national digital library, get involved in building the DPLA by becoming a DPLA Community Rep.
DPLA Community Reps will:

*         Organize activities that promote the DPLA as a service, tool, or platform using DPLA materials;

*         Share outputs (blog posts, group notes, Storify stories, images, video, etc.);

*         Check in with DPLA staff about progress and share experiences via the DPLA Reps listserv;

*         Be willing to participate in speaking or event opportunities; and

*         Represent the DPLA formally as an acknowledged Rep on our website and informally through various networks.
Reps will receive a "box" containing DPLA slidedecks, event ideas, one-pagers, and swag to use in their efforts. The DPLA staff will also offer periodic webinars to share updates, new activities, and new resources.
DPLA Community Reps will be selected based on their creative ideas, experience, and geographic distribution. We will be accepting our first class of Reps in early December 2013 and additional classes in the future.
For more information and to fill out a DPLA Community Reps Application Form visit: http://dp.la/info/get-involved/reps/

Shannon

Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan