[Michlib-l] Open Meetings Act question

Ann Perrigo aperrigo at alleganlibrary.org
Tue Nov 12 13:25:30 EST 2013

Our Board shares information by email, and sets meeting times, etc., but
doesn't discuss anything that might be deemed to be working toward a
decision.  For instance,  if I see a great article that I want to share
with them, I send it by email, knowing that they won't really discuss it
until our next meeting.

Ann @ Allegan

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Stephanie <knownformylaugh at gmail.com>wrote:

> This is a three page .pdf file http://www.mml.org/pdf/glv/appendix2.pdf about
> it.  That's as succinct as I could find.
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Dave Ewick <dewick at southfieldlibrary.org>wrote:
>
>>  Does anyone have a 1-2 page summary of the Open Meetings Act?  I'd like
>> to have a single sheet to hand out to my board members for their Trustee
>> binders; something that is quick and easy to use as a reminder.
>>
>> Board members sometimes use email between board meetings to keep up to
>> date on issues - this is touched upon in the OMA, but I am still
>> uncomfortable with how far behind the times the OMA lags.  I'd like to be
>> able to put that reminder right at our fingertips.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dave
>>

>> David L. Ewick
>> City Librarian
>> Southfield Public Library
>> 26300 Evergreen
>> Southfield, Michigan 48076
>> 248 796-4300
>> dewick at sfldlib.org
>>
>> P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

> --
> Stephanie Masin, Director
> Maud Preston Palenske Memorial Library
> 500 Market St.
> St. Joseph, MI  49085
> 269-983-7167 (phone)
> 269-983-5804 (fax)

Ann Perrigo, Director
Allegan District Library
331 Hubbard Street
Allegan, MI 49010                               269 673-4625

aperrigo at alleganlibrary.org

<aperrigo at alleganlibrary.org>

Good times or bad--your library is here for you!