[Michlib-l] Guess the book

Appel, Andrea AAppel at twp.waterford.mi.us
Mon Nov 25 13:36:37 EST 2013

Hi all,

I received a book request from a patron who got the description from
someone else, so something may be getting lost in translation. It
doesn't sound familiar to us and I came up with nothing looking online.

An elderly grandmother is dying and wants to see her baby grandson one
last time. Her family brings him over and leaves him with her upstairs
while they go back downstairs. They hear music come on upstairs,
possibly Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, and as the music gets louder and
louder they realize it's the grandmother's last moments. There is a maid
who thinks that this will be the last day she is in the house. The boy
grows up and goes to a concert with his girlfriend where the orchestra
plays Beethoven's Fifth Symphony (?) and he starts to shake
uncontrollably but doesn't know why. Afterwards the girlfriend comments
that the music seemed to really affect him.

Supposedly this is based on a true story.

Thank you for your help.

Andrea Appel

Adult Services Librarian

Waterford Township Public Library