[Michlib-l] New Government Documents: Followup

Sarjeant, Bruce C bsarjean at nmu.edu
Wed Oct 2 13:44:18 EDT 2013

Well...I managed to get my work done yesterday and post before the full force of the shutdown went into play.  Many of the agency websites and the documents linked to them might not be available today thanks to that.  The USGS for example http://www.usgs.gov/, NOAA http://governmentshutdown.noaa.gov/, the Library of Congress http://www.loc.gov/home2/shutdown-message.html, and what I have noticed if an agency's website is still available, a note explaining to viewers that the website is not updated http://www.nlm.nih.gov/ and http://www.lre.usace.army.mil/. I did not check all agency websites<http://www.usa.gov/directory/federal/index.shtml>, though.  As a Librarian, some services of the Government Printing Office that I need are offline https://selections.fdlp.gov/itemlister.

The Washington Post has a blog about what will and will not remain available during this shutdown<http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/30/absolutely-everything-you-need-to-know-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/>.

Bruce Sarjeant
Reference, Documents & Maps Librarian
Lydia M. Olson Library
Northern Michigan University