[Michlib-l] Submit your proposal for the Fyan Small and Rural Library Conference

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Oct 9 17:15:14 EDT 2013

Do you want to share some ideas, successes or challenges with your library peers?  If so, consider submitting a proposal for the 2014 Fyan Rural and Small Libraries Conference.  We are especially interested in receiving proposals related to community engagement, digital literacy and library technology.

Even if you don't have an idea for those topic areas don't worry the conference features six tracks of programming so there's room for a little of everything.

The submission proposal form is located here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RLC2014

Proposals are due Monday, October 21, 2013 in order to be considered for inclusion in the 2014 conference.

The Library of Michigan will provide all presenters with:
- Full conference registration and one night's lodging at the Grand Hotel or other hotel accommodation up to the state rate of $75 per night.

The RLC Program Committee invites you to consider the following topic areas as you design your program proposal:
- Library Technology or Digital Literacy
- Services to Individual Populations (youth, seniors, unemployed, entrepreneurs, etc.)
- Library Programming
- Engagement, Collaboration & Partnerships
- Administration and Management

Not sure if your idea fits into a topic area, just give me a call. We welcome a wide variety of submissions!

If you have questions about the conference or submission process, feel free to email or call me.

Thanks for considering submitting a proposal for the 2014 RLC.

Shannon

Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan