[Michlib-l] 2014 Loleta Fyan Small/Rural Libraries Conference Award Nominations are here!

natalie bazan hopkinslibrary at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 09:02:14 EDT 2013

Good Morning Everyone!As we all prepare for the Michigan Library Association's Annual Conference starting this evening, we would like you to start thinking about nominating that special library, librarian, and Trustees/Friends for the 2014 Loleta Fyan Small/Rural Libraries Conference for the following awards:
Outstanding
Small/Rural Librarian Award:
Recognizes a librarian who is an outstanding leader in the profession.
The Librarian of the Conference has made a significant contribution to his/her
library and has invested him/herself in efforts to bring about positive change
in the small/rural library community. This award goes to an individual
currently employed in a Michigan library.

Trustee/Friend
Award:  Given to a Trustee
or Friend of a small or rural library for distinguished service to rural
library development on the local, state, regional or national level.

Patron Services Award: Recognizes a
librarian from a small or rural library who has made significant contributions
to and a positive impact on library service to patrons through outstanding
program(s) or services.
And again this year we are have the pleasure to recognize one library through an award sponsored by the Roger and June Mendel Fund!
The Small/Rural Library
Excellence Award is a cash award of $1000 given to the Michigan Small and/or Rural
Library that exemplifies excellence in customer service and community
involvement.
 I have attached the nomination forms and for the first time, you can submit your applications electronically.  Please see submission forms for more details.
Thank you,

Natalie Bazan MA, MLIS
Library Director
Hopkins District Library