[Michlib-l] Teresa K. Irish Visits Jackson District Library

Smith, Donna smithdm at myjdl.com
Thu Oct 17 08:13:21 EDT 2013

A Thousand letters Home
One WWII Soldier's Story of War, Love and Life
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

One month after the 2006 death of her father, Aarol W. "Bud" Irish, Teresa Irish opened his army trunk. There, nestled in row after row, were her dad's nearly 1,000 letters from WWII. The letters were postmarked from Nov. 1942 to Dec. 1945. The fragile and yellowed pages were written to Bud's parents and to the sweetheart who would later become his wife. From lonesome, moonlit nights listening to the Hit Parade, to the foxholes and front lines in Germany, to correspondence with the heartbroken mothers whose sons died by his side, this is a moving, historic story of life and loss, hope and perseverance, and unwavering faith and true love.

A Thousand Letters Home is comprised of 320 of these poignant letters and 104 corresponding photographs. Teresa's inspirational and engaging presentation is a tribute to our country's history, our freedoms, family values, and a call to individual citizenship in today's world.

JDL is delighted to welcome Teresa Irish for her program, The Journey of the Letters at Carnegie Library's Clare H. Sergeant Auditorium, 244 W. Michigan Ave., Jackson, MI, on Wednesday, October 23 from 1:30 - 4 p.m. You are invited to join us to listen to this compelling story of a soldier's life during World War II. A book sale and signing will follow the presentation.

This program is free and open to the public. Please call Reference at 517-788-4087, ext. 1339 for more information.

Donna
Donna Smith
Marketing Officer

[JDL Logo CMYK 300dpi small no shadow]

244 W. Michigan Avenue
Jackson, MI 49201
517-788-4099, ext. 1314
Fax: 517-788-6024
www.myjdl.com<http://www.myjdl.com/>

Inspiring our community to discover, learn and succeed!