[Michlib-l] Introducing MILibraryCard

Tammy Turgeon turgeont at libcoop.net
Thu Oct 24 13:11:07 EDT 2013

MILibraryCard Logo

A new service from the Michigan Cooperative Directors Association,
MILibraryCard, is being launched and will begin on January 1, 2014!
MILibraryCard is a new reciprocal borrowing program for public and
academic libraries in the state of Michigan. Participating libraries
will loan printed materials to patrons from other participating
libraries that have a MILibraryCard sticker on their library card.

It couldn't be easier! Just have your board/authorized representative
review the guidelines, agree to and sign the MILibraryCard reciprocal
borrowing agreement, and forward the agreement to the Suburban Library
Cooperative. You can then order labels for your patrons' cards and
window clings for your library!

We've got a website, but it's not ready yet! The address is
http://www.milibrarycard.org <http://www.milibrarycard.org> . We'll have
the guidelines, agreement, list of participating libraries, label
information (0.02 - 0.03/label), and window cling information ($1/cling)
all in one place. It will be up and running next week!

The guidelines and agreement are attached so you can talk to your staff
and boards about participating. We'll keep the list of participating
libraries updated daily so you know where the service will be available!

If you have any questions, please contact me at turgeont at libcoop.net
<mailto:turgeont at libcoop.net> .
Tammy

--