[Michlib-l] Volunteer Story Readers Needed!

Heidi Nagel hnagel at kdl.org
Mon Oct 28 09:39:07 EDT 2013

  <http://www.writemichigan.org/Media/Logo.gif>

Hello all!

If you've ever wanted to be part of an exciting endeavor, here's your
chance to review entries for the Write Michigan Short Story Contest.

*         Who: Staff from Kent District Library, Capital Area District
Library, Pooh's Corner and Schuler Books & Music, along with many other
library friends and book discussion groups!

*         What: Write Michigan Short Story contest is taking entries for
all ages from people who live in Michigan and awarding cash prizes to
the winners. Volunteer reviewers are needed to narrow the stories to 10
semi-finalists per category.

*         Where: Submissions will be available for review online.
Volunteers will be given a login.

*         When: Reading/Reviewing will take place on staff's own time
from December 1, 2013 - January 3, 2014

*         How: Volunteers are asked to read entries in one of three
categories (adult-over 18, teen-12 - 17, youth-under 11). Each
volunteers will read 10-13 stories total. Each story will be read by two
volunteers. We have asked authors not to include their name on their PDF
entry so they should be anonymous to you.

We do ask that if volunteers have entered the contest or have family
members who did, they please volunteer to review the other contest
categories.

Please find our judging criteria here:
http://www.writemichigan.org/JudgingCriteria.pdf .You will be assigning
one score to each story reviewed on a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being
excellent.

*         Why: We want to extend this opportunity to those who love to
read, who love to promote the written word, who love to see good things
happen to people and who love new ideas!

Details:

1.    Please reply by Monday Nov 11 to mboisvenue-fox at kdl.org .

2.    Give your name.

3.    Which category you prefer?  1. Adult-over 18; 2. Teen-12-17, 3.
Youth-under 11

4.    Do you have a family member planning to enter the Write Michigan
Short Story Contest?  In what category.

The contest ends November 30!!!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Michelle

Michelle Boisvenue-Fox

Assistant Director

Kent District Library

814 West River Center  Dr NE | Comstock Park MI 49321

616-784-2195 | mboisvenue-fox at kdl.org