[Michlib-l] Affordable Care Act Resources Available on LM websites

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Fri Sep 6 08:46:51 EDT 2013

The Library of Michigan has posted a list of Affordable Care Act resources on its website to help libraries that may be preparing to assist patrons in finding websites and resources to inform them of healthcare reform.  At this time the resources are provided in a PDF document and I will be working to place these on the website as regular links on our new Library Initiatives - Affordable Care Act page.

To access the resources you can follow the path http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan  FOR LIBRARIES - LIBRARY INITIATIVES - AFFORDABLE CARE ACT.

Library staff can also find links to more limited number of general ACA resources in the MeL.org Health and Wellness Gateway, www.mel.org<http://www.mel.org>.

If you have ideas or know of other resources we can add to this list, please email me directly and I will continue to add pertinent resources throughout the year.  If you have policies or handouts that can be customized and shared those would be very welcome as we add to the list.

The current document divides the resources into the following areas:

Overview
What Can Michigan Public Libraries Do Now to Prepare?
What Libraries Need to Know
Resources
Training & Communications
Policies
Navigator Grant Recipients in Michigan
Terms to Know

Shannon

Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan