[Michlib-l] Hosting Driver's Training

Stanczak, Cindy cstanczak at albionlibrary.org
Mon Sep 9 10:41:36 EDT 2013

Hello all!!

Hoping to pick your collective brain on this.

Our school district has changed from a K-12 to a K-8, with our 8-12
students attending nearby (15-30 mile away) high schools.  We've been asked
by our local PTO if we can host a local driver's training class here at the
Library, so that it's more easily accessible for our teens.  They've
contracted with a driver's training company to teach.  The first session
includes 13 meetings.  Our meeting room policy says that we are free to
non-profit events open to the public, but that we charge $30 per booking
for private, for-profit meetings, which is really what this is.  But, it's
also a great service for our teens, that no one else in the city has the
tech or space to host.   We're willing to meet them part way, but would
like to hear from some of you on this.   Do you host driver's training?
 What do you charge, if you charge?

Thanks!!

Cynthia Stanczak
Adult & Teen Services Librarian