[Michlib-l] FW: Nominations - 2013 Michigan Broadband Hero Awards

Mase, Sheryl (MDE) MaseS at michigan.gov
Tue Sep 24 12:56:12 EDT 2013

NOMINATE SOMEONE ;-)

From: Frederick, Eric [mailto:efrederick at connectmi.org]
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 3:28 PM
To: Frederick, Eric
Subject: Nominations - 2013 Michigan Broadband Hero Awards

Community Broadband Team Members,

As part of the upcoming 2013 Michigan Broadband Conference<http://www.connectmi.org/broadband-summit>, we will be presenting the 2013 Michigan Broadband Hero Awards. These awards recognize individuals, organizations, or companies who are going above and beyond in working to expand broadband and technology access, adoption, and use in communities across the state.

Three awards will be given, one in each of three categories, 1) Access, 2) Adoption, and 3) Use.

Today we are issuing a call for nominations for these awards.

*         If a local broadband provider rapidly expanding service in your community; nominate them.

*         If a library is expanding its digital literacy classes and helping patrons learn to use a computer; nominate them.

*         If the local school is getting creative with technology for education; nominate them.

*         If your local government just expanded its offering of online services; nominate them.

These are but a few examples of nominations. We want to hear your stories about individuals, organizations, or companies doing great work to expand the innumerable opportunities of broadband and technology to every resident, business, and institution.

The nomination form can be found here: 2013 Michigan Broadband Hero Award Nomination Form.<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r10qVzk7B7f10SEQiXEWkw6KOklk7E_7FqWnl5spr3E/viewform>

More information on the awards can be found in the nomination form. Please feel free submit more than one nomination.

We are excited to receive a wide array of nominations and even more excited to recognize their great work at the 2013 Michigan Broadband Conference. Thank you.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEB86E.7E0197B0]Eric Frederick, AICP, LEED AP
Executive Director, Connect Michigan
Fellow, Prima Civitas Foundation
517-994-8024 - mobile
Michigan Public Service Commission
6546 Mercantile Way, Suite 5, Lansing, MI 48911
efrederick at connectmi.org<mailto:efrederick at connectmi.org>
www.connectmi.org
Like Us on Facebook: Connect Michigan<https://www.facebook.com/ConnectMichigan>