[Michlib-l] Nancy Feldbush Named Communications Manager

Larry J. Wagenaar wagenaar at hsmichigan.org
Thu Sep 26 14:44:39 EDT 2013

cid:image001.jpg at 01CE83C0.6163C110

Nancy Feldbush Named Communications Manager

LANSING, MI:  The Historical Society of Michigan is pleased to announce the
appointment of Nancy Feldbush as Communications Manager. In her new role,
she will be responsible for producing three of the Society's publications:
the Chronicle member magazine, the "Historic Michigan Travel Guide," and the
"Michigan History Directory." Additional duties will include oversight of
the organization's public relations program as well as its website and
social media efforts.

"We are excited to have Nancy join our team," commented Executive Director
Larry J. Wagenaar.  "Her extensive experience and talent will help us as we
continue to improve and expand our publications, outreach, web presence,
branding, and more."

Prior to joining the staff at the Historical Society, Feldbush served in the
marketing department of the Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union and
as the owner of her own publishing house, called Moose Run LLC. She has
extensive experience in both graphics and copywriting, at one point serving
as the supervisor/senior copy editor at Cambell-Ewald Advertising Agency in
Warren. An interest in history led her to write two historical novels set
amid the furniture industry of Grand Rapids. In her leisure time, she serves
as a docent, historical interpreter, and re-enactor for the Crocker House
Museum in Mount Clemens.

Feldbush earned two associate degrees from Macomb Community College in
graphic arts and photography as well as a bachelor of science in
organizational leadership and communication from Rochester (MI) College.

She will assume her new position as Communications Manager on October 14.

The Historical Society of Michigan is the state's oldest cultural
organization. Founded in 1828 by Lewis Cass and Henry Schoolcraft, it is an
independent non-profit dedicated to the preservation and presentation of
Michigan's historical story.

The Historical Society of Michigan

5815 Executive Dr.

Lansing, MI 48911

Phone: (517) 324-1828

FAX: (517) 324-4370

Email:  <mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org

Website:  <http://www.hsmichigan.org> www.hsmichigan.org

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line or body of the e-mail. For more information on the Historical
Society of Michigan, visit  <http://www.hsmichigan.org> www.hsmichigan.org
or e-mail  <mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.