[Michlib-l] policies

Norris, Sonya (MDE) NorrisS2 at michigan.gov
Thu Sep 26 16:24:21 EDT 2013

Greetings all,
There are excellent resources for locating policies on a wide variety of library topics that can be found on the QSAC program Web site: http://www.michigan.gov/qsac. QSAC stands for Quality Services Audit Checklist. These policies include facets of:

*         Human Resources

*         Governance/Administration

*         Services

*         Collection Development

*         Technology

*         Facilities and Equipment

*         Public Relations

*         Planning Resources

The policies included in the QSAC documentation are from Michigan and around the country.

QSAC is a voluntary management standards program that assists public libraries by setting benchmarks for Governance & Administration, Human Resources, Services, Collection Development, Technology, Facilities & Equipment and Public Relations. The Library of Michigan recognizes public libraries as they achieve each level. Libraries can be certified at the Essential, Enhanced and Excellent levels.

To achieve certification at a level, a library must meet the requirements for state aid to public libraries, the measures at that level and the measures at all levels below that level. If you have any questions, please contact Shannon White at whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov> or (517) 373-9489.

More information about policies can be found on the MCLS wiki at:

http://mcls.org/wiki/index.php/Library_Policies

This site includes a wide range of policies on specific topics.

Happy reading and have a great rest of the day!

Sonya Schryer Norris

Library Consultant and Plinkit Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.
Lansing, MI 48915-1609
517-373-4457