[Michlib-l] Digital repositories for MeL

Mase, Sheryl (MDE) MaseS at michigan.gov
Mon Sep 30 16:42:12 EDT 2013

Hello Colleagues,

We are looking for digital repositories that are OAI-PMH compliant for harvesting into the Michigan eLibrary.  We designated for harvesting the projects that were grant funded and added to MeL Michigana (http://mel.org/michigana), but not all of them are OAI-PMH compliant so they are not harvestable per our current contract.  This is why we now have additional capacity to continue with other OAI-PMH compliant content.

We have posted a collection development strategy online at http://mel.org/index.php?P=MeL--AboutMeL that you can review to get an idea of what content we seek for MeL.  If you have a repository that you think is a good statewide resource and it is OAI-PMH compliant, please complete the attached spreadsheet and return it to me off list.  I can receive your information at any time you are ready to offer up your resource for MeL, however I am looking for up to ten to add to our current harvesting contract, so the sooner you get me information, the more likely it can be included in the initial wave.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEBDF7.E064FE90]
Sheryl L. Mase
Assistant Director
Statewide Library Services