[Michlib-l] Survey on Work Engagement in Libraries

Kent State ksu.slis.engagementstudy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:56:40 EDT 2014

* We apologize for any cross postings of this study. *

We are writing to ask for your time as a participant in a library science
research study being conducted at Kent State University.

The research looks generally at how positive psychology in the workplace
can be beneficial to both the employee and employer. The study is designed
to analyze various predictors of work engagement in library professionals.
Work engagement is a multi-faceted positive psychology construct that has
been shown to predict increased performance, better health of employees,
motivation, and much more.

This study will take 20-25 minutes of your time but some may finish sooner.
No personally identifying information will be collected about you. The
survey can be taken by clicking on the following link:

http://kentstate.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_1UoFOmiFjhBUhSJ

Please know that your participation is voluntary and you may stop taking
the survey at any time. The first page of the survey will provide you with
more specific information including your consent to participate in the
study.

If you have any concerns or further questions about this study please
contact the researchers.

Principal investigator: Miriam Matteson, Ph. D. (mmattes1 at kent.edu)
Co-investigator: Sean Kennedy (skenne20 at kent.edu)

Please feel free to forward this study to any colleagues who would be
interested in contributing to this Library management research.

We greatly appreciate your time and support.

Sincerely,

Miriam Matteson
Assistant Professor, Kent State University
274 E. First Ave.
Columbus, OH 43201
mmattes1 at kent.edu <Mmattes1 at kent.edu>