[Michlib-l] Summer Reading/CSLP meeting report and Summer Reading PSAs

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Fri Apr 25 13:46:14 EDT 2014

The annual Collaborative Summer Library program planning meeting was last month. Please find a report on the conference attached with details on the new partners, slogans and resources. The report is also on the Summer Reading section of www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices<http://www.michigan.gov/youthlibraryservices>.

The highlights of the meeting are the new slogans and themes for the future programs,  the 2014 Public Service Announcements, and all the new partners for 2014. I will be putting out detailed information on the partner organizations next month.

The 2015, 2016 and 2017 theme and slogan information is below. We appreciate your comments on the Summer Reading surveys. We take these comments to the meeting and the comments guide Michigan's votes at the meeting.

2015 Theme: Heroes
2015 Children's slogan: Every Hero Has a Story (Illustrator - Jarrett Krosoczka)
2015 Teen slogan: Unmask! (Illustrator - Hope Larson)
2015 Adult slogan: Escape the Ordinary

2016 Theme: Health/Wellness/Fitness/Sports
2016 Children's slogan: Move, Play, READ
2016 Teen slogan: Get in the Game: READ
2016 Adult slogan: Exercise Your Mind: READ

2017 Theme: Build a Better World
2017 slogans - coming next spring

Finally, the 2014 PSAs are available for purchase or download on the CSLP web site at www.cslpreads.org<http://www.cslpreads.org>. The Library of Michigan has a limited number of PSAs that you can request as well.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021