[Michlib-l] MAP: You Did It!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Fri Aug 1 11:08:07 EDT 2014

Congratulations! It is Friday, August 1 and as of this morning, Michigan's public libraries have now circulated exactly half as many MAP passes in the first two months of MAP Year 2 (May 24, 2014 to date) as you did for the entire 12 month period of MAP Year 1 (May 24, 2013 to May 23, 2014). I knew you could do it!

Are you up for another challenge? Can you circulate a sufficient number of MAP passes between today and the end of the traditional summer vacation season, date for which we will use September 1, to surpass (or at least tie) last year's total 12 month circulation? Let's try! You have the resources, in the form of your dedicated and motivated staff. Brigette has created the promotional material for said staff to use, available at http://tln.lib.mi.us/map/ And TLN has worked to establish relationships with a wide variety of Michigan cultural partners from stem to stern, from border to border, back and forth, up and down, to say nothing of to and fro. In putting all of this together and working towards our goal of surpassing last year's total MAP circulation by the end of this summer, I am reminded of a phrase from my favorite book from childhood:

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can."

You likely don't need to be reminded as to the title of said book.

When we return to work on Tuesday, September 2 following our Labor Day holiday, we hope to be able to supply the corollary to that well-known phrase, in the form of:

"I thought I could, I thought I could."

I KNOW you can.

Thank you for your continued support and promotion of the Michigan Activity Pass program.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager