[Michlib-l] 75% approval for Detroit Public Library millage renewal

J. Randolph Call rcall at detroitpubliclibrary.org
Wed Aug 6 14:03:01 EDT 2014

Detroit's generous voters supported Proposal L, a ten-year renewal of the Detroit Public Library’s dedicated 4.0 mills. The unofficial results posted by the Detroit Election Commission indicate the proposal received 52,877 “Yes” votes (75.05%) and 17,581 “No” votes (24.95%).

Jo Anne:  Randy said he will post this.

Alma Wyden Simmons
Special Assistant to the Executive Director
Detroit Public Library
5201 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48202
313-481-1348 (office)
313-481-1483 (fax)

150th Anniversary -- Serving Detroit and Beyond: 1865-2015

"I think the health of our civilization, the depth of our awareness about the underpinnings of our culture, and our concern for the future, can all be tested by how well we support our libraries."  Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)