[Michlib-l] Illegally copying motion pictures

Shirley Ehnis SEhnis at adrianmi.gov
Fri Aug 8 15:21:58 EDT 2014

As I was preparing this query a colleague shared the article on copyright trollers sent in by Christine Hage.
We received notice from Merit that an internet user in the library has engaged in illegally copying a motion picture that will be released this fall.
Are there any libraries that have had the problem of patrons downloading/copying/distributing motion pictures or television shows (in violation of copyright)?
How did you identify the offender and deal with the situation?
As the notice came from NBC through Merit I consider it to be legit.

Shirley A. Ehnis
Library Director
Adrian Public Library
143 E. Maumee St.