[Michlib-l] Book and/or Finger Puppet(s): Bulk Purchase Opportunity

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Tue Aug 12 09:08:26 EDT 2014

All,

Those of you who are of a certain (that is to say, my) age will remember Larry Davenport, long-time and now retired director of Warren Public Library. Larry's wife Charlotte has written and illustrated a children's book called Abby and the Eaglet: Wildlife Rescue Information for Kids. Charlotte and Larry are still Michiganians, but during the winter months they do volunteer work at the Clinic for the Rehabilitation of Wildlife (CROW) http://crowclinic.org/ on Sanibel Island in Florida.

The book is saddle stapled and available for purchase by libraries at the discounted price of $9.50. Also available is the book plus one finger puppet (the finger puppets are neat, and if I am saying the finger puppets are neat, trust me, they are neat) for the discounted library price of $19.95.

We are coordinating a bulk purchase, invoice and shipment of Charlotte's book and/or finger puppet. You may choose the baby eagle, spotted owl, great horned owl, otter, or bobcat finger puppet. If you would like to preview the book it is available for sale at the Nature Center in Farmington Hills.

Please let me know if you would like to order the book and/or which finger puppet, by no later than Friday, September 12, 2014.

Sincerely,

Jim Flury

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager