[Michlib-l] Survey on library ethics

Emma Olmstead-Rumsey erumstead at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 11:29:05 EDT 2014

Hello Michlib members,

I am a recent graduate of Texas Woman's University's SLIS program and I am
conducting a short survey on the ethical training and ethics-related
experiences of library workers. The purpose of the survey is to find out
what ethical concerns library workers face in their jobs and whether their
training is adequate for addressing these concerns. The hope is that a
paper discussing the results of the survey will be published in the
professional literature.

No identifiable information about survey respondents will be shared or used
for any other purpose than the uses to which participants expressly
consent. The survey is 19 questions long and should take no more than 10
minutes to complete. Participants can sign up within the survey to get an
email summarizing the survey results. Those who would like to receive the
summary but do not wish to to take the survey can send me an email at
erumstead at gmail.com to request a copy.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider taking this short
survey and/or sharing it with your friends and coworkers. Anyone who works
in a U.S. library, regardless of job title or educational background, is
encouraged to participate.

Thanks so much for your time,

Emily Olmstead-Rumsey