[Michlib-l] Position Available: Business Reference Librarian (Kresge Library, Ross School of Business, University of Michigan)

Corey Seeman cseeman at umich.edu
Wed Aug 27 13:28:21 EDT 2014

Please excuse multiple postings.

The Kresge Library at the Ross School of Business of the University of
Michigan, Ann Arbor is seeking candidates for an open Business Reference
Librarian position.

The posting and instructions for applying for the position are available
here.  The position will be open until September 25, 2014.

ASSOC LIBRARIAN How to Apply

A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should
be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should
address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and
experience that directly relate to this position.

Please apply with a single document that includes a cover letter, your
vita, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Responsibilities*

ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS

The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a
vibrant and distinctive learning community grounded in the principle that
business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's
dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop
leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and
action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that
improves business and society.

Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools.
Academic degree programs include the MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and
Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master
of Supply Chain Management, Master of Entrepreneurship, Master of
Management, BBA, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment
and custom executive education programs targeting general management,
leadership development, and strategic human resource management.

About Kresge

The Kresge Business Administration Library at Michigan Ross seeks
energetic, creative, and service-focused candidates for the position of
Business Reference Librarian. The Kresge Business Administration Library
serves the research, instruction and curriculum needs of the faculty,
students and staff of the Ross School of Business. Kresge has shifted its
footprint recently to become an electronic library, as we have few books
and student space. The Library is independent of the main University
Libraries, receiving our funding from the Ross School of Business. The
Library is committed to excellence in maintaining premier academic business
library services for the Ross Community. This position is one of 8
librarians at Kresge (out of a total staff of 19) and reports to the
Library Director.

The Business Reference Librarian will provide a full range of information
support for the Ross Community. Work closely with faculty and students to
determine information needs and to develop resources and services
responsive to those needs. Provide reference assistance at public service
points as scheduled, subject specific consultation by appointment, and
extended reference support for specialized programs. Support the Ross
School of Business? Action-Based Learning courses (such as MAP) by serving
as an embedded librarian with student teams. Participate in collection
development for selected fields of business. Participate in instructional
and outreach programs such as individual consultation sessions and
classroom instruction.

This is a 12-month position in a non-tenure track environment. While
publications and presentations are not required, this work is encouraged
and supported by the library. Salary and rank are competitive and
commensurate with education and experience. The rank sought for this
position is Associate Librarian. However, this position may be underfilled
at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected
candidate.
Required Qualifications*

>Master's Degree from an ALA-accredited library program and two to five
years experience as a librarian, ideally in an academic or special library,
or equivalent combination of education and related experience
>Knowledge of and skill in using business information resources
>Ability to provide excellent reference service; strong customer service
orientation and communication skills
>Ability and desire to work closely with teams of students
>Ability to resolve competing demands in an environment of fast-paced change
>Record of ongoing professional development and contribution
Desired Qualifications*

>Advanced degree or coursework in business or related field
>Interest in application of emerging technologies to meet the needs of our
users
>An understanding of different service models in academic and special
libraries
Underfill Statement

This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the
qualifications of the selected candidate.
Additional Information

Physical Demands/Work Environment

> Will require ability to work from home, providing a dedicated location
for work to be done
> Requires the ability to travel to various locations to conduct work and
deliver materials
> The person in this position occasionally moves books and class materials
weighing up to 20 pounds.
> May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
> May require on-call hours

The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the
general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should
not be interpreted as all-inclusive.

For more information about the Library: www.bus.umich.edu/KresgeLibrary/
For more information about the Ross School of Business: www.bus.umich.edu/
Background Screening

The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates
upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party
administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be
performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement

The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer.
--end--

If you have any questions about the position or Kresge Library, please do
not hesitate to contact me directly.  While we have undergone some large
changes recently with a change in our space at the school, we remain
committed to serve the information and research needs of the Ross School
Community at the University of Michigan.

Best - Corey

Corey Seeman

Director
Kresge Business Administration Library