[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Teresa Irish

Katie Ester esterk at libcoop.net
Fri Dec 5 15:12:21 EST 2014

I know I've seen her name mentioned here at least once, but I can't
resist putting one more recommendation in the mix for author Teresa
Irish. Her book, A Thousand Letters Home:
One WWII Soldier's Story of War, Love and Life chronicles her father's
life and the discovery of his one thousand letters written from the
Western Front of World War II. Her presentation, from the first word,
was gripping and entertaining. By the end, we hadn't one dry eye in the
house and many of our senior patrons were singing wartime radio ballads
and folk favorites with her. I'm tempted to say that if you have a large
senior population or a rabid base of WWII enthusiasts, this would be the
program to feature. But truly, her program is universally appealing and
our audience here at Shelby was rapt every minute.

To contact Teresa for a library booking:
Teresa at AThousandLettersHome.com or (734) 502-4577

--
Katie Ester
Director