[Michlib-l] Federal Tax Forms @ Libraries

Debbie Gallagher melgovt at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 20:20:39 EST 2014

Oh dear, as if things couldn't get any worse . . .
I heard back from fellow govdoc librarians through GovDoc-L that they too had not heard back from the IRS on forms and now we know why.  Here's the post to GovDoc-L this afternoon with news that will greatly impact what or whether we get any tax forms this year:
If you are at ALA Midwinter and able to...Now that the CROmnibus (2015 federal budget) has passed, the IRS got a $300 million cut for forms and distribution..so they will be changing their services in libraries.  Before this happened they wanted to talk with us before making any decisions, so, they have agreed to come to MW to listen to what public librarians want the IRS priorities to be.Trish Evans will be in Chicago as a representative of the IRS.  She is the Director of Distribution and the person who agreed to send out more forms and instructional booklets this season.  We are confirmed for a room on Sunday, February 1 from 11:30 TO 12:30 PM in MCP W 187.  She wants to hear your ideas and priorities.Jessica McGilvrayDeputy Director - Office of Government RelationsAmerican Library AssociationWashington Office 1615 New Hampshire Ave., N.W., 1st FloorWashington, D.C. 20009-2520
If any of you MichLib-Lrs will be at ALA Midwinter please keep us informed on the meeting with the IRS.  Thanks in advance.
Debbie Gallagher