[Michlib-l] Rural and Small Libraries Conference - Guests of Conference Attendees

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Wed Feb 5 16:44:19 EST 2014

It is great to see such enthusiasm for the 2014 RLC event.  We assume attendees may want to bring a guest along since we are in a historic location this year and have made plans to accommodate these requests.

This event is made possible through a number of funders and is subsidized by federal LSTA dollars and funds from the Library of Michigan Foundation's Loleta Fyan Endowment. We would not be able to offer such an event, provide the meals, conference materials and a round-trip ferry ticket to our attendees all without this generous support to offset the costs of the conference.  For that reason we ask that you use other methods than our general registration to accommodate guests you may bring with you.

To accommodate guests of conference attendees we have the following available:

1.       Your guest(s) may join us for the conference meals by completing a special form to pre-order meals from the hotel.  Payment for non-attendee meals will be added to the attendee's hotel room bill. Cost for attendee guest meals are $19 for lunch and $30 for dinner. Please make these arrangements by March 31.  Breakfast meals at the hotel are included with your conference hotel lodging costs. (Attached is the guest meal order form.)

2.       Guests can be provided a name badge to allow them to enjoy free entrances to Fort Mackinac and the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum courtesy of Mackinac Island Historic Parks for the duration of the conference.

3.       Guests of attendees are welcome to participate in the Optional Tours provided by Mackinac Island Carriage Tours and the Mackinaw Trolley Company. Details on ordering tickets are in the Attendee Information Packet.

We hope that these opportunities allow your guests to enjoy their time with you on the island.

Additional details on all of these options are available in the Attendee Information Packet located on our website:
http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/0,2351,7-160-18668-142226--,00.html

Shannon

Shannon D. White
Continuing Education Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo, P.O. Box 30007, Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Ph: 517-373-9489; Fax: 517-373-5700
Toll free:  877-479-0021
whites29 at michigan.gov<mailto:whites29 at michigan.gov>
http://michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan