[Michlib-l] Adult Literacy in Public Libraries Ebook

Kristy Cooper kristycooper1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:21:49 EST 2014

Are you interested in starting an adult literacy program at your library
but don't know where to start? I wrote a FREE ebook that you can download
(pdf form) on the main page of my website:
http://salipl.org<http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsalipl.org%2F&h=xAQFV8WD4&enc=AZMyMFgIM8qYKeNla8jcJyJIYfutQJcA5mqDgU-upX6zJ8hcQI0ufQZRiCyORCSJIFg00-mxEOjhDx_THnZKmzTVjNRkcibLESl2wYAUK3sMz9BQAl0Pm6dMCJP4rq2Z1ZyVINtCivcIGS23tqIyln1A&s=1>(Supporting
Adult Literacy in Public Libraries).

It includes information about working with adult learners, finding and
training volunteer tutors, and all the paperwork you'd need for assessments
and placing learners. There are so many people in our communities that need
this kind of help and not enough funding for literacy programs to
accommodate all of them. This is about how libraries can help fill in some
of this gap.

Also, if you're interested in being a part of the larger discussion on
adult literacy in public libraries, please like the SALIPL facebook page
at: https://www.facebook.com/saliplibraries

Thanks!

--
Kristy Cooper