[Michlib-l] Important Breaking News!!! LearningExpress Library 3.0 in MeL

BiggThomas, Deb (MDE) BiggsThomasD at michigan.gov
Thu Feb 13 17:23:09 EST 2014

Hello All--awhile back, probably before the holidays, I have you a heads-up about LearningExpress Library (LEL) 3.0 coming up in MeL.  We have just today, made the switch to LearningExpress Library 3.0 via MeL.org.  When you click on any of the LEL links in MeL you will be taken to a "splash page" where you can then click the "Register" button and be taken to 3.0.  We are, however, continuing to provide access to LEL 2.0, or the version we've had in MeL, until the end of June 2014.  In the lower right hand of the new splash page you will notice a link to LEL 2.0; it says:  "Click here...."; should you do that you will be taken to the version we've been providing these many years via MeL.

We are running LEL 2.0 concurrently with 3.0 so 2.0 users can finish up their work as logins *do not* carry over from the current version to the new version.  LEL 3.0 is fully browse-able, which is to say that you can view all the content, but won't be prompted for a login until the user wants to take a practice test, course, or download an eBook.

LEL users who want to switch over to 3.0--especially those taking GED prep--will need to create new accounts.  LEL 2.0 no longer includes prep/practice for the GED which changed last month; it is **only** available in LEL 3.0.

Stay tuned for more information about LearningExpress Library 3.0 which has a great new "look and feel" and additional functionality!  If you have any questions about access from your library, please send an email to our MeL Tech Support Team at:  meldatabaseshelp at mcls.org

Kind regards,
Deb

Deb Biggs Thomas
Michigan eLibrary & Outreach Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-373-4466
biggsthomasd at michigan.gov
http://mel.org    http://facebook.com/mel.org