[Michlib-l] converting to Checkpoint

Kate DeMeester kdemeester at gp.lib.mi.us
Wed Jan 22 12:38:48 EST 2014

Hi all,

As we consider the time and money required to convert our Checkpoint RFID system to one that is supported, we wondered if anyone has decided to drop RFID rather than convert.  In looking at the archives, I saw a great list of pros and cons, but was curious to know if folks who had dropped RFID after having it had anything to add.  Did you see an increase in theft?  Cost savings in terms of materials and processing time?  Changes in workflow that you didn't expect?  Any feedback about the experience would be much appreciated!

I will compile the responses and post to the list.

Thanks,
Kate

Kate DeMeester
Assistant Director