[Michlib-l] Anyone Interested in Older Baseball Cards for School/Student Programs

Corey Seeman cseeman at umich.edu
Fri Jan 24 06:39:21 EST 2014

Hi everyone -

I have a mostly off-topic question to ask out to my library colleagues
across the state.

I have a large collection of baseball cards, the bulk of which were from
the 1980s and early 1990s.  These have been in boxes in my house and I have
moved them a few times.  In all reality, I am going to keep a relatively
small number (mostly Tigers and Mets.  Mets? yeah - it is a character flaw
- I know, I know - but please cut some slack to this Jersey Boy!).  What I
am hoping to find are some homes for the majority of cards.

The cards from the late 1980s and 1990s have relatively little collectible
value as they were mass-produced at high levels.  But they might have some
real value for libraries as giveaways during youth programs, etc.  I love
them, but in the spirit of clearing out stuff at home, thought this might
be a good win-win situation.

I am not looking to sell the ones I want to part with, just find a better
home.  If anyone is interested, I can provide more details.  As it is, I
need to go through them and figure out what I want to keep.  Even though I
do want to keep the Tigers, I have a ton of them - so that would be good.

If you are interested or would like more information, please write me at
cseeman at umich.edu.

Best wishes and stay warm out there.

Best - Corey

P.S. I will even send them to Yankee fans, though I will do so grudgingly.

Corey Seeman

Director
Kresge Business Administration Library
Stephen M. Ross School of Business