[Michlib-l] policy for adult accounts regarding fines/fees

director shermandirector at winntel.net
Tue Jan 28 14:30:22 EST 2014

We've been having problems lately with patrons racking up charges on one
account and then simply having another adult family member open a new
account rather than paying the balance. Does anyone have any recommendations
for a policy that could be put in place to help protect us from this issue?
We already have one regarding minor accounts since they are tied to the
parent/guardian that set up the account and/or any other minors who are
under the same parent/guardian. Once one account reaches our fine/fee limit,
all accounts that are tied to it receive a pop-up and may be blocked until
the overdue account it brought up to date. Is it acceptable to tie adult
accounts together so once our fine/fee limit is reached it blocks all adult
accounts in the household as well?

Thanks,

Ms. TJ Smith

Ms. TJ Smith