[Michlib-l] Shell Shock/PTSD to be discussed at the Library of Michigan

Murphy, Edwina (MDE) MurphyE3 at michigan.gov
Thu Jul 24 09:07:28 EDT 2014

PTSD topic to be discussed August 1 at the Library of Michigan

Erin Smith will present "The History and Treatment of Shell  Shock" at the World War I Symposium on August 1st, at the Library of Michigan.  Ms. Smith, Ph.D, is the Chief of the PTSD Clinic Team at the Veterans Administration Ann Arbor Healthcare System.  She is also a clinical instructor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Michigan Medical School.

We are delighted to have someone speak on such a current topic and examine the awareness of PTSD and the layers of treatment since it was first recognized during the First World War.

Please see Michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan for agenda and registration.

All are welcome.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20140724/MICHIGANDER/307240012/Michigan-had-critical-wide-ranging-roles-World-War-effort

Edwina A. Murphy
Michigan Collection Curator