[Michlib-l] R rated movies

Kelly Bennett kelly at ferndalepubliclibrary.org
Thu Jul 24 14:09:51 EDT 2014

We at Ferndale Public Library do circulate R-rated movies. When a child gets
a library card, their parent or guardian must indicate whether they would
like their child to be able to check out any movies and we put this
preference in the child's record. We make sure that parents know that we
will not be censoring what their child checks out, and that the decision is
between them and their child. We did this because we felt that the decision
about movies should be a parent's anyway and it shouldn't be something that
the library interferes with. Parents don't seem to have a problem with this.

Kelly Bennett

Head of Circulation, Ferndale Public Library

Kelly at ferndalepubliclibrary.org

248-547-6001