[Michlib-l] MI-ALA Purposes of Organization are now open for your review and input

Hyslop, Colleen hyslop at mail.lib.msu.edu
Mon Jun 16 14:41:02 EDT 2014

The MI-ALA Steering Committee has drafted the Purposes of Organization as follows below. We are now seeking input from the wider academic community, asking respondents to keep in mind that these Purposes are designed to reflect the overall goals of our new association and encompass a wide range of future activities without a need for frequent change.

The purposes of the association are to:

*        provide opportunities for professional development, growth, leadership, and committee service for all academic librarians working in any college, community college, or university library in Michigan.

*        strive to advance academic librarianship, libraries, and services

*        serve as a catalyst for statewide collaboration and as a connector to national academic library interests

*        educate and inform appropriate communities of the value and contributions of academic libraries and librarians

Please submit your input by June 20 to the MI-ALA steering committee at steeringcommittee at miala.org<mailto:steeringcommittee at miala.org>.
You may also submit input by responding to the blog posting on the MI-ALA website found at
http://www.miala.org/updates/minkinr/mi-ala-purposes-organization-are-now-open-your-review-and-input/