[Michlib-l] MI-ALA discussion

Stacy Nowicki Stacy.Nowicki at kzoo.edu
Tue Jun 24 15:37:22 EDT 2014

I haven't seen much discussion on these listservs about MI-ALA, which I find curious.  Since it wasn't widely disseminated, I would just like to point out Veronica Bielat's open letter to the steering committee here:

http://www.miala.org/updates/minkinr/mi-ala-purposes-organization-are-now-open-your-review-and-input/

I remain concerned about starting a new organization without the infrastructure MLA can provide. If we want more opportunities for academics within MLA, then we have to participate -- not withdraw.  Further, MLA's efforts to support public libraries also support academics -- the kids who use public libraries become our students, after all.

Stacy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Stacy Nowicki, Ph.D., J.D.
Library Director and Title IX Coordinator
Information Services
Kalamazoo College
1200 Academy Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
voice: 269.337.5750
fax: 269.337.7143
email: Stacy.Nowicki at kzoo.edu

green dot: a single choice in one moment that makes our college safer
http://www.livethegreendot.com/