[Michlib-l] Tattoo Program?

Christine Wedge cwedge at alpenalibrary.org
Fri Jun 27 10:16:54 EDT 2014

Has anyone hosted a program on tattoos and the history of tattooing?
Tattoos are increasingly popular in our area and I'd like to explore a
program which would incorporate a history of the practice in cultures
like ancient Egypt and move right up into modern changes (tattoos
becoming more mainstream and shifting to a broader demographic, etc).  I
could get some local tattoo artists to talk about the work they do and
interesting tattoos they have created, and there are television
programs, but I'm interested in a speaker who could address the
historical and cultural roots of the practice as well.

Recommendations?  Similar programs?  Please advise
Christine Wedge

--
Christine Wedge
Library Development Coordinator