[Michlib-l] Blatant plug for local producers' film!!

Marty Ferriby mferriby at hackleylibrary.org
Mon Jun 30 11:19:51 EDT 2014

Hey Sylvia --

Thanks for the note re the new film.

We had thought that we'd show the Coexist Comedy
Tour film here in the library, with a post-film
discussion by the film makers, for a  Coexitance
Festival month planned for Muskegon in September.

That's what we thought.  We bought the
film.  Then we saw the film.  Four different
staff people and their spouses/friends --
different ages and genders and religious
perspectives and cultures -- viewed it
separately, at home.  I'm the only one that made
it to the end.   I even saw all the extra
material.   It's just not a very good film on
many levels -- the story telling being the main
one.  It's not the extensive use of the F-word --
by the Buddist no less -- or the un-funny Jew --
it just wasn't very good.  Some sketches loosely
strung together.  We were really disappointed.

I remember you saying you hadn't seen "Coexist"
when I emailed you to get the film maker contact
info.   So -- thought you'd want to know.  These
might be great people, but having viewed their
previous effort, I'll pass on this one.

Marty Ferriby