[Michlib-l] Full Time Youth Librarian Posting - Southeast Michigan

Anita O'Brien aobrien at baconlibrary.org
Mon Jun 30 16:17:20 EDT 2014

YOUTH LIBRARIAN

Join our team of dedicated and innovative professionals. Bacon Memorial District Library in Wyandotte, MI serves a population of just under 26,000 and is located in the heart of a vibrant riverfront community. We are looking for a full time Youth Librarian to continue to grow our services to children, teens and parents.

Benefits: Health insurance, Term Life Insurance, 457B Plan contribution, vacation, accrue sick time and paid membership in MLA.
Salary Range: $38,000.00 - $42,000 dependent on experience
Evening and weekend hours required

Master's degree in Library Science (MLS or MLIS) from an ALA accredited college is required.

Orders materials for the Youth Department; knowledge of children’s and teen literature a must.

Responsible for developing and implementing programming from infant through teens

Acts as liaison with community schools, youth groups, parents, and homeschoolers.

Produces press releases, calendars, flyers and other publicity materials.

Scheduled time on the Reference Desk.
Sense of humor and flexibility are essential.
Possess strong computer competencies and ability to use social networking.

Active participation within state, regional and national library associations.

Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle needed to attend meetings at consortia level and beyond.

Send letter and resume to: Anita O’Brien
                                           45 Vinewood
                                           Wyandotte MI 48192

or via email to: aobrien at baconlibrary.org

Application deadline July 11, 2014.