[Michlib-l] Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) Program: Is YOUR Library Ready to Soar and Explore??!!

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Mon Mar 17 08:43:05 EDT 2014

All,

The new, second season of the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program will kick off May 24, 2014. To that end we received some very nice press coverage in the Sunday, March 16, 2014 edition of the Detroit Free Press:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140316/NEWS05/303160064/Michigan-Activity-pass-program

and

http://www.freep.com/article/20140316/NEWS06/303160058

As the article states, or should state, we have cultural partners "from St. Joseph to Saline to Saginaw to Sault Ste. Marie to South Range." The article should say South Range, not South Ridge :( In the brief period between when the article ran, and the time I am typing these lines, two additional cultural partners have contacted me to make sure they could be included in the MAP program!

You should feel free to share the information in the article with your local media outlets, cultural partners, funding officials, etc.

Are the patrons at YOUR library ready to "Soar and Explore" with MAP? They will be when you add the www.michiganactivitypass.info link to your library's homepage.

We will have much more to say about MAP in the coming weeks as we count down toward the May 24, 2014 debut of the expanded and enhanced Michigan Activity Pass program, Year 2!

Thank you for your continued support of the MAP program.

Jim Flury, MAP Program Administrator

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager
The Library Network