[Michlib-l] Michigan Reads! 2014 Author Tour and Book Announcement

Reish, Karren (MDE) ReishK at michigan.gov
Thu Mar 20 15:43:14 EDT 2014

The 2014 Michigan Reads! One State, One Children's Book program is on the way! We are proud to announce that the 2014 Michigan Reads! book will be Acoustic Rooster and His Barnyard Band written by Kwame Alexander and illustrated by Tim Bowers. When a jazz-loving rooster sets his sights on winning a barnyard talent show, he realizes he can't do it as a solo act. He calls on friends and they makes beautiful music as they rock the barnyard!

We are looking for libraries to host the author and illustrator in September and October. Please find the link to the author tour survey below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2014MIReadsAuthorTour - responses due by April 18th

The publisher is Sleeping Bear Press, and we are pleased to have them partnering with us on program materials. As in previous years, we will be sending a programming guide and kit to all public library locations, K-2 school buildings, Great Start Readiness and Head Start classrooms in mid-August. Our official launch day will be September 8th, in honor of International Literacy Day.

In the next few months, look for a completely revamped Michigan Reads! site with the new programming guide and other materials at www.michigan.gov/michiganreads<http://www.michigan.gov/michiganreads>. For now, you can also find the survey link at the site.  If you would like to be considered for an author visit, please let us hear back from you by April 18th so we can plan the program for the fall.

Karren Reish
Library Grants Coordinator
Library of Michigan
517-241-0021