[Michlib-l] Fwd: Indies First Storyime Day at Book Beat, Sat., May 17!

Connie Ilmer connie.ilmer at baldwinlib.org
Wed May 14 17:49:35 EDT 2014

From: Connie Ilmer <connie.ilmer at baldwinlib.org>
Date: Wed, May 14, 2014 at 5:47 PM
Subject: Fwd: Indies First Storyime Day at Book Beat, Sat., May 17!
To: michlib-1 at mcls.org

Below is a wonderful event happening this Saturday at BookBeat bookstore in
Oak Park.  Please feel free to share with your patrons.  Thank you.
Connie

Connie Ilmer
Head of Public Services
300 West Merrill Street
Birmingham, MI 48009
phone: 248.554.4651
fax: 248.647.6393
www.baldwinlib.org

Indies First Storytime Day is Sat., May 17th!
<http://www.thebookbeat.com/backroom/2014/04/22/indies-first-storytime-day-is-sat-may-17th/>
[image:
indiesFirst]<http://www.thebookbeat.com/backroom/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/indiesFirst.jpg>On
Saturday May 17th from 11:00am-5:00 PM, *Book Beat* will be participating
in a *nation-wide* event sponsored by the American Booksellers Association
– *“Indies First Storytime Day
<http://www.bookweb.org/news/kate-dicamillo-and-aba-launch-indies-first-storytime-day>.”
The Book Beat is located at 26010 Greenfield in Oak Park. Please call
248-968-1190 <248-968-1190> for more information. *
[image: KD_2014_vertical209x299]<http://www.thebookbeat.com/backroom/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/KD_2014_vertical209x299.jpg>This
event is the inspiration of children’s author, Kate DiCamillo, who is the
current National Ambassador of Young People’s Literature for the United
States. She’s also a two-time Newbery winner for *The Tale of Desperaux *and
2014?s *Flora & Ulysses.  * In celebration of *Children’s Book
Week,*authors have been asked to visit local independent bookstores
and read from
their favorite children’s books.     We have confirmed the following
Detroit area [image:
storytimeWWW]<http://www.thebookbeat.com/backroom/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/storytimeWWW.jpg>author
appearances; *Kathryn Allen, Wong Herbert Yee, Matt Faulkner, Jean Alicia
Elster, Jenny Risher, Rick Lieder, Terry Blackhawk, Renee Prewitt, Susan
Whitall, ML Liebler and Michael Zadorian*. Additional authors and reading
times will  be announced later. We will also have the guest authors’ books
available for purchase and autographing. We hope you will join us in
promoting this festive occasion of books and authors. This event is *free* and
open to the public. *Let the reading begin!*   This event will be held at:
The Book Beat Bookstore, 26010 Greenfield, Oak Park, MI  48237– For more
information contact us and ask for Colleen 248-968-1190
TheBookbeat.com<http://www.thebookbeat.com>

   - We are here

   - An independent bookstore

   - In the Metro-Detroit community