[Michlib-l] Two New MAP Partners Makes 109

Jim Flury jflury at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed May 28 12:18:29 EDT 2014

All,

I am pleased to announce the addition of two brand new partners to the Michigan Activity Pass (MAP) program. They are Applewood Estate http://www.ruthmottfoundation.org/applewood/ and Plymouth Community Arts Council http://www.plymoutharts.com/

Plymouth Community Arts Council is the coordinator of, among other things, the Music in the Park in Kellogg Park. PCAC saw our press release in the Plymouth Observer and contacted us, asking how they could become one of our "amazing collection of participants" (their words).

If you've never heard of Applewood, then you probably didn't grow up in or near Flint. Applewood is the name of the estate of the late Charles Stewart Mott, who went on to become the largest individual shareholder of the General Motors Corporation (yes, his family made applesauce before it started making axles for cars, which proved to be much more profitable). Mr. Mott was known for his overall frugality (you could see him driving his Corvair around town at a time (late 1960's) when others of his ilk were driving Cadillacs; if you'd like to see the Corvair it is on display at another of our MAP partners http://sloanlongway.org/Sloan-Museum) but also his specific generosity toward his adopted hometown of Flint. If there were such a thing as a Patron Saint of Flint, Mr. Mott was it.

Jim

Jim Flury
Technical Services Manager
The Library Network